The Challenges in Creating a Well-Crafted Website Design
Every so often we encounter websites which not only look confusing but totally lacking in coordination with the site content. And what about those sites which are too heavy in images or video plug-ins that make loading the site like a child learning how to walk, struggling a step forward before the other foot can make the other step? These sites can throw off users and potential customers. It is really important that the website is designed to provide the best experience for the users.
Great web designs do require time and careful thinking in order to bring about a page that not only satisfies the visual requirements but also providing great usability. Each and every component of the design should jive with the content and specific optimization needs of the business. Check out some of the tried and tested web design techniques, sure to give you satisfied users and browsers.
- Stay Away from Old Designs – It is always better to start fresh and from scratch. Websites need to fulfill specific target objectives and their design should be able to integrate achieving those objectives. And as each website should be treated as one and unique on its own, there is nothing to suggest that building a site from an old or existing design will achieve that uniqueness.
- Customize Icons and Graphics – This will definitely make your design unique. Investing time to create unique icons, comic illustrations or visual imagery will certainly set your site apart from those which used copied and pasted icons and images.
- Remove Scrolling Obstructions – Give your site the ability to scroll down the page rather than clicking a link to activate page loading. Navigation becomes easy and your site is able to tell a cohesive content or story. By making your pages creatively connected naturally, you are encouraging the users to read further and explore the contents of the other pages until the last page.
- Be Dynamic and Interactive – Static texts and images become boring especially if there are interactive and dynamic functions a website can have. Users would definitely be more engrossed with a site that challenges their ability to comprehend the message through direct interaction with the design. Content sliders, lightboxes, tooltips, modal windows and other interaction points become invisible with the design. All of these interaction points should be well-integrated into the design and purpose of the page and should not be overdone.
- Create a Spick and Span Website – Any website that is not clean in terms of typographical or spelling and grammar errors, inconsistencies in format, overuse of buttons, inconsistent gradient, spacing, alignment, etc. is a total turn-off. It makes reading or viewing a site an arduous task devoid of enjoyment and pleasure.
- Have those Finishing Touches Go a Third Round – The touch-up phase of the design process should not be done with less effort or care. This part will get you to see what needs to be cleaned up or modified or adjusted to make the website be more user-friendly. Scrolling through each page to look for any inconsistencies will give you that assurance that you have not missed out on any smallest detail like a spelling check.
These techniques are sure to give you a good payoff by making your website design an effective tool to achieve high traffic and engagement and amazing user satisfaction.Google+